Thursday 3 September 2009

CrAzY for cupcakes



So, did you know that in salt lake alone there are 5 cupcake shops? Not bakeries, cupcake places. I was driving through Sugarhouse today and saw out of the corner of my eye a cute pink shop called Mini's Cupcakes and Cafe. I did a full u turn and walked right in for a little slice of heaven. The bakery is painted all pink inside with an old, yet gorgeous glass case displaying miniature (hence the name) cupcakes of all flavours and icings, about 30 in total. I went for the diva, a chocolate cupcake iced with a dollop of pink cream cheese frosting and a disc of chocolate to top it off. It was the prettiest and yummiest thing I've tasted in a while, (sorry Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakeshop, I'm completely cheating on you, and I like it!) It reminded me of when Carrie gets the Vera Wang and says it kicked her sweet little vintage dresse's a**. NEWS FLASH: I didn't even like cupcakes until recently. Literally out of the box can frosting cupcakes don't even tempt me. Like I never want one. So now I'm thinking I want to learn to bake them. Does anyone know of a cupcake baking class? I need a new hobby...... obviously.

1 comment:

  1. you should follow this blog: http://utahlovescupcakes.com/

    it's by friend becky and she is a cupcake freak. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete